The Research Foundation Language and Religion (RFLR) takes the protection of personal data very seriously. We process personal data only in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR). In this statement, we explain which data we process and what your data protections rights are when you visit and use our website.
Research Foundation Language and Religion (RFLR)
47261 Duisburg, Germany
Kind, Purpose and Legal Basis of Data Processing
We only process and use personal data when the concerned individual has granted consent or another legal ground for lawful processing of personal data applies, as laid out in GDPR Art. 6(1). Furthermore, we do not transmit personal data to third parties on an unauthorized basis. We also do not use first party cookies on this website.
When you visit our website, the website software automatically gathers data of your device and saves them temporily in log files. The following data are collected in case they are transmitted:
- IP address
- Browser type and browser version
- Operation system
- Date and time of the visit to our website
- Address of the page visited
- Address of the referral website
The legal basis for this data gathering is GDPR Art. 6(1) item f. We need to store the data in log files in order to provide our service, to operate the website, to remove any malfunction and to ensure system security. Users do not have the option to refuse this data gathering. The data are erased as soon as we achieve our purposes, generally after seven days, under extraordinary circumstances after a longer period.
Web Analysis Software Matomo
- Anonymized truncated IP Address
- Operation system and version
- Browser type, browser version and language setting of browser
- Device used
- Title and URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (referrer URL)
- Date and time of the visit
- Location of the user: country, region, city, approximate latitude and longitude
- Time in the user’s time zone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Links to an outside domain that were clicked
- Webpage generation time (time it takes to generate and download the webpage)
- Screen resolution of the visiting device
The user behavior data are stored and analyzed exclusively in files accessed and operated by RFLR. No third party has access to these data. The use of the Matomo web analysis program is permitted on the basis of GDPR Art. 6(1) item f. The legimite interest of RFLR is to gather behavior data as these data help improve the functioning of our webpages and their user-friendliness. The user’s rights and freedoms are respected by anonymizing the IP address.
As user you can block the gathering of behavior data by activating the “do-not-track” option in your browser. Our server will recognize this selection and cease the processing of user data. Alternatively, you can unselect the checkbox below in order to withdraw consent. In this case, our server will stop processing user data too.
Users can contact us through a form and send a message. When you use the “Contact form” you must provide your name, your email address and must write a message. This information is solely needed in order to reply to your message. After your request has been concluded, we will delete the information collected via the “Contact form”, if it is no longer required for the purposes it was originally collected. The legal ground for this data gathering is GDPR Art. 6(1) item f. As provider of the service, our legitime interest is to deal with the request you sent. You have the right to revoke the use of your data collected via “Contact form” at any time in which case the data will be erased immediately.
RFLR edits a periodical newsletter which is not publically available. Those who receive it have granted consent. The legal basis for the processing of personal data via newsletter dispatch is therefore GDPR Art. 6(1) item a. The recipients can revoke their consent at any time.
When you use this website, you have the following legal rights concerning your personal data held by us, as provided by GDPR:
- Right of revocation of consent (GDPR Art. 7(3))
- Right of information (GDPR Art. 15)
- Right of correction (GDPR Art. 16)
- Right of deletion which might be limited by other rights (GDPR Art. 17)
- Right of restriction of processing (GDPR Art. 18)
- Right of notification (GDPR Art. 19)
- Right of transmission (GDPR Art. 20)
- Right of revocation (GDPR Art. 21)
- Right of complaint (GDPR Art. 77)
In accordance with GDPR Art. 33, we have a procedure in place to deal with personal data breaches and will alert the supervisory authority immediately in such case. The data protection regulator responsible for RFLR is the Data Protection Authority of North Rhine-Westphalia, Postbox 20 04 44, 40102 Düsseldorf.
This website uses SSL encoding in order to protect the privacy of users against third party intrusion, a measure in accordance with GDPR Art. 5(1) item f and, where applicable, with GDPR Art. 6(4) item e.
Version of Statement
This data protection statement was last updated on 15th of November, 2019.